Find a Job
Technical Systems Analyst
Main purpose of the role:
Hands-on analysis and troubleshooting of software integrations issues between core business systems.
Troubleshoot, support and provide assistance in development and maintenance of the firm reporting tools.
Specifying software requirements for third party vendors, ability to oversee and manage various parts of software development life cycle.
This role within the Business Systems Support team provides on-going technical support of the firm’s Business Systems (notably PMS/ERP, time recording, expense recording and absence management). The individual will be required to gain an excellent understanding of the technologies used by the firm’s Business Systems and the processes they underpin.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Leading software development projects delivered by external suppliers (overseeing the design, programming and testing)
· Working on data migration & cleansing projects linked to various business application used within the firm
· Providing technical knowledge and support to Business Analysts and Project Managers
· Assisting with technical analysis , design and development of new software systems
· Working on integrations between our core business systems
· Support internal development and maintenance of firm BI solution
· Providing input into all relevant project and departmental documentation as required to ensure the solution can be maintained and supported in-life
Reports to: IT Business Partner for Risk, HR & Finance
The line manager will prioritise workload, but the role will require a close working relationship with business users across the entire firm, with the wider IT team and also with external contractors.
· Previous experience within software development team.
· Familiarity with all stages of the software life cycle.
· Troubleshooting software systems and integrations issues.
· Exposure to BI and Datawarehouse technologies.
· Knowledge of basic T-SQL
· Advantageous but not required, working knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Azure Service Bus
· Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team
· Ability to work under pressure at high levels of performance
· High degree of professionalism and accuracy in work
· Effective time management and prioritisation of work
· Desire to learn and grow themselves as well as others within the team
· Self-motivation and commitment, as well as enthusiasm