A leading logistics company is hiring for a new Head of IT Programmes and Resource.
The role pays circa £90k and is based M4 corridor.
As the Head of IT Programmes and Resource you will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating projects and resource management within the programme
- Stakeholder and sponsor communications
- Program financial management
The successful candidate will own, operate and continually improve a portfolio management framework with key IT and business stakeholders, providing visibility of projects from early inception to final delivery. They will support the business planning process, working closely with the Business Change function, to enable planning throughout the IT function and will provide the relevant data to enable prioritisation of high-value projects at key decision meetings in the organisation.
The role is also responsible for providing to and validating for the IT Solutions function, a document repository that is used for all bids, organic growth, internal requests and project documentation.
Key experience required:
- 10 + more years in the IT project, programme and portfolio space
- Leadership experience within a large, complex business
- Extensive experience running projects and programmes in diverse business environments.
- Demonstrated experience in managing upward among senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
- Proven experience implementing effective project management control processes.
- Understanding and application of project methodologies such as PRINCE2.
- Extensive experience in managing software delivery teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and “sell” the program goals and objectives to the business, as well as technical leadership.
- Strong business acumen, including industry- and domain-specific knowledge of the organisation and its business units.
- Experience with project/program management methodologies
- Experience across a range of project types.
- Knowledge of project planning tools, such as Microsoft Project and Project Server, with evidence of practical application.
· 3PL/Logistics/Supply Chain industry experience