Find a Job
Fibre Operations Manager
An experienced London based Operations Manager is required for a leading major Alt-Nets fibre optic networks build provider.
· Permanent position
· 5k car allowance
You will be working as part of the operations team to install fibre networks across the UK including complex connections. The role is to directly manage the network installation through our partners to pre-determined timelines and budgets working closely with the Senior Operations Manager team to ensure timely communication and update of status and requirements against the plan.
· The Operations Manager will lead internal, and third part sub-contractor teams to deliver the build programme
· The Operations Manager will lead and manage fibre build and construction activities for fibre deployments. You will provide technical expertise on all aspects of fibre build and construction, this includes all civils (including re-instatement) cabling and splicing/testing activities plus the production of associated in build documentation.
· Control and management of the third-party civils/cabling sub-contractors to meet QESH construction, build quality and productivity efficiency targets.
· Adherence to the ITS health and safety policy
· Provide all necessary documentation and update to the Senior Operations Manager in a timely manner
· Consult with the Build Partners to ensure delivery and appropriate resources are available to meet milestone deadlines.
· Stock management and coordination of site materials
· Conduct quality controls throughout the duration of the build and report into QESH in a timely manner.
· NRSWA accreditation
· Experienced in managing subcontractors, TM Partners, and handling site escalations
· Experience in street works working environment and an in-depth knowledge of New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
· Full clean driving licence
· Experience in both underground and overhead network builds
· Working knowledge of PIA.
· Experience with Fibre deployment using the BT PIA duct network and an understanding of the PIA Product Description and Network Adjustment Process
· Experience in Openreach Cable Links and Exchanges
· Working knowledge of Data Centres including rack configurations and AC and DC Power installations
· OTDR Experience
· Working knowledge of Straight-Line Diagrams and Fibre Allocation Sheets
· Experienced with the use of Fusion splicing.
· Working experience of GPON or XGSPON networks
· Ability to create H&S documentation, progress reports and tracking documentation
· Experienced in engaging suppliers with an eye on innovative technology within the industry