Find a Job
Fibre and Civils Supervisor
An experienced London based Fibre & Civils Supervisor is required for a leading Alt-Net
• Permanent position
• £50,000 – £57,000
commercial vehicle & fuel card
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the programme of work created is delivered safely and on time whilst meeting all necessary industry standards throughout the process.
The Fibre & Civils Supervisor we aim to recruit is part civils/ fibre engineer, part manager.
• Ability to travel across region to manage your teams
• Liaising with the management team on progress
• Reviewing and managing regional requirements such as resource, material, space and network
• changes , escalating issues on low stock etc.
• Create a H&S and compliance culture within your region
• Be an expert in civils, TR&R, subduct, blowing and pulling
• Mentoring and training teams in the field
• Direct Management of Engineers and Senior Engineers within your region
• Performance Management and development of the team
• Ensuring that your team have the correct tooling to complete the job
• Reviewing work packs within your region for buildability
• Identify knowledge gaps and training requirements
• Ensuring that work is being carried out and is completed by accredited personnel
• Ensuring your teams accreditations are in date and liaising with the training manager when
• Managing build progress and reporting back on THP, meterage and civils progress
• Suggesting better alternatives to planning designs when required
• Ensuring that projects are handed over in a timely manner and that all LOC areas are effectively
• Minimum of 5 years experience of TR&R, subducting, pulling, blowing
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a fibre engineer
• Minimum 3 years civils supervisory experience within telecommunications.
• Good working knowledge of the HAUC / SROH 4th Edition spec
• Good working knowledge of the NRSWA
• Openreach/PIA experience. This includes A55 submissions, knowledge of blockage repair
• pecification, duct laying, box building, core drilling, test rod roping, and sub duct installation.
• Knowledge and understanding of Permit Schemes.
• Experience in reading and understanding network build drawings and existing utility drawings.
• Have a sound knowledge of cabinet commissioning and equipment
• Have a sound knowledge of PON
• Have a good knowledge of BTOR PIA product
• Create A55’s and drawings when required
• Be able to complete both UG and OH fibre installations
• Full (UK) Clean driving license
• NRSWA Supervisor Units 11-16.
• Confined spaces medium risk
• Team management experience
• Ability to tow a trailer (B+E)
• Splicing desirable
• CSCS/EUSR card
• Excavator license
• DB1 (Duct Blockage / Repairs on O/R Network)
• DL1 (Duct Laying on O/R Network)
• CD1 (Core drilling on O/R Network)
• BB1 (Box Building on O/R Network)
A commercial vehicle, fuel card, accommodation when working away, tools and uniform will be provided. There is also an incentive plan to reward based on THP and significant career progression opportunities to advance to more senior positions.