A leading wine investment business in London is further expanding its data team with a new data engineer.
The data engineer will be working on the brand-new platform build providing bespoke AI and crucial commercial analytics for the business.
The data engineer will help build the data-sets to underpin the ML models as well as help create the output pipeline. You will design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, derived / or non-derived, insightful data-marts and tables which will be the main input for the models, reports and dashboards.
- Background in supporting data scientists in conducting large scale data analyses / modelling to support business decision making
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Azure, SQL database
- Familiar with DevOps environment
- Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience in investment management or small tech companies
- Interest in wine or wine investment
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field