Find a Job
Role Title: Transformation and Change Lead
Daily Rate: £600 Per Day Outside IR35
Role Purpose: Accountable to deliver all change activities on the DXP project including the Target Operating Model for maximising the Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and coordinate change activity across the enterprise to embed a consistent approach and methodology.
To support their strategic objectives, they are now focussed on going for growth in pursuit of our purpose – championing better work and working lives. Central to the success of this ambition is the investment in enabling digital experience technology (DXP) as an significant element of our Website Transformation Programme (WTxP). This programme has identified a number of areas for change and we now need to bring this thinking together to inform the future operating model that puts the DXP at the heart of our digital customer experience.
They have a number of other key change projects underway as part of our wider transformation agenda, including Finance for the Future and introducing a new Target Operating Model for the client as a whole.
· Phase 1
– Develop the Target Operating Model for maximising their Digital Experience Platform (DXP)
– Form a roadmap for implementing the necessary changes to structures, processes, ways of
working and culture to maximise the platform capability in line with wider for the change activity
· Ensuring that all the change activities within the project are fully planned, communicated and delivered effectively (e.g. Communications to the wider organisation to support the change activities, identifying and managing and anticipated resistance to change, supporting effective training and UAT phases of the project) and aligned with change across the wider enterprise
· Phase 2:
– Facilitate the implementation of the operating model, including the use of their change management methodologies which enable leaders and teams to deliver the necessary changes
· Ensuring change success metrics are achieved to deliver the project and wider business goals
The design and implementation of both phases will result in changes to ways of working, culture, roles and potentially structures – but importantly to maximise the potential of the DXP. My client is seeking to evolve its core capabilities relating to CX, user research, experimentation and innovation, continuous integration/deployment, data science and analytics, and content creation and deployment.
Future operating model Outputs from Phase 1 – Strategy document for the TOM including: –
· Organisation design and governance with a focus on DXP capability realisation and Content Management
· People and capabilities including impact and training assessment, with a key emphasis on Product Management responsibilities and outcomes
· Review the impact of DXP capability from a data intelligence perspective and collaborate with other data professionals to better define ways of working, data roles, and processes to maximise the value of data collected across the multiple sources
· Processes and service design with alignment to their wider operating model with a focus on internal customer engagement
· Culture and ways of working with key business teams and marketing – with a recognition of hybrid working, increased distributed networks and need for primarily UK-focused teams to transition to core global teams supported by in-market teams
· Sustaining a customer-centric roadmap of digital development – considering transformation and digital delivery methodologies and principles
· People, systems and processes required to capitalise on better data, analytics and insights, digital capabilities and enterprise systems
· Roadmap of wider change and analysis of prioritisation needs.
Outputs from Phase 2 – TOM Change and Implementation Plan including:
Developed operating model design principles and blueprint
Organisation structure charts, accountabilities and high-level role definitions
Capability map, building from existing analysis, including any areas where partnerships may be needed to bridge capability gaps e.g., external digital agency support
Overview of necessary changes to governance, culture and ways of working
Implementation roadmap and approach to managing change
Change impact assessments and training plans
Communication and engagement plan developed in conjunction with the Programme Communications Lead
Financial modelling and ROI assessment with alignment with their Going for Growth strategic objectives.
The Transformation and Change Lead will:
· Apply a structured methodology and design the change management activities building upon my clients current processes in line with programme timings and deliverables
· Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by the initiative.
· Assess the change impact and conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
· Support training efforts and provide input, document requirements and develop the design and of training programs.
Additional responsibilities will also include:
Complete change management assessments
Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics
Identify and manage anticipated resistance
Support and engage with senior leaders and wider stakeholder
Coordinate efforts with other specialists where required
Evaluate and ensure user readiness
Define the success metrics and provide the mechanism for monitoring change progress
Support change management at the organisational level
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
Significant experience in applying change management principles, methodologies and tools in the delivery of business change within a digital transformation environment or platform business
· Demonstrable understanding of the role of digital experience platforms or web experience management plays within online customer experience gained from a similar programme
· Demonstrable experience of the Product Management function and the core methodologies associated with the product development lifecycle
· Experience and understanding of managing people change, and the associated employee relations activity
· Experience working with senior stakeholders to understand the role of data in organisations and designing strategies to accelerate transformation, change and business decision-making.
· Experience in delivering transformational change driven by business strategy, working with C-suite stakeholders to embed business mission, vision, and supporting programmes
· Experience in defining, establishing, and executing change readiness programmes and training activities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms to stakeholders as well as adapting language and tone to the audience and medium
· Proven ability to use technology to communicate effectively
· A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
· Deep expertise around current and emerging Digital technologies
Solid problem solving and time management skills
Great interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Strong attention to detail